Holiday Challah French Toast (serves 6)
Holiday Challah French Toast (serves 6 )
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 loaf challah bread, sliced into 1-inch thick slices
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- maple syrup, for serving
1. In a deep dish or bowl whisk the first 6 ingredients until combined.
2. Soak the bread slices in the egg mixture for 10 second on each side.
3. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and melt butter to coat the pan.
4. Place the soaked challah bread in the sauté pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Continue cooking the remaining bread.
5. Serve the challah with powdered sugar and maple syrup, as desired.