Biz Showcase: Waxon Waxbar
Afraid of waxing? You’re not alone. But it doesn’t have to be that way.
Most of us have – or know someone who has – a waxing horror story. The last thing you want to do with your 17 minutes of free time in the week is feel uncomfortable or in the back closet of a nail salon.
Whether it’s WAXON or another salon, here are some things you can do to prepare, and make sure your experience is as painless as possible (yes, there is a way)!
Skin prep. Exfoliating helps decrease the chance of ingrown hairs. Use a sponge, loofah, scrub, brush or glove and rub in the opposite direction of hair growth.
Hair length. Yes, there is an ideal hair length, and it’s the size of a grain of rice. Too short, and hair might get missed. Too long, and it’s more painful for you. Just trim up with small scissors before you arrive if needed!
Timing. If it’s the week of your period, or you are pregnant, your pain tolerance can be lowered. During those times, take extra precautions to ensure a flawless wax like using our client- approved numbing cream!
Consistency. Waxing lasts longer than shaving, and you are less likely to get ingrown hairs or irritations since it’s every 4-6 weeks, not every second day. Plus, hair will grow in softer and finer and it will become less painful for the following appointment.
THE WAXON WAY
- Welcoming to everyone regardless of background, body type or gender.
- Waxologists are certified estheticians, and professionally trained in the WAXON way.
- Clean comes first. No double-dipping, waxologists wear disposable gloves, and medical
paper is used for every service.
- Wax is cruelty-free and vegetarian-friendly (with one vegan-friendly option).
- Products are specifically formulated for hair removal care, made in Canada and 100% all