BEACH GAMES, ACTIVITIES AND CRAFTS THAT DON’T COST A CENT!
Have fun at the beach, and save your money for all of the important things – sunblock, a good hat, and an ice cream cone on the ride home!
1. Wonky Beach Ball – Blow up your beach ball, add approximately 1/2 cup of water through the nozzle, then plug up the ball. The water inside makes the ball go wonky when you throw it.
2. Make a Streamer – Tape some dried beach grasses to the end of a stick. Run in the breeze with your streamer.
3. Beach Mini Golf – Bring a set of toy golf clubs to the beach where you can build sand traps and water traps to your heart’s content.
4. Funky Flip Flops – Cut 1″ X 4″ strips of scrap fabric. Tie many around the straps of your flip flops to take them from plain to fabulous.
5. Tennis Ball with a Tail – Put a tennis ball into the toe of a long tube sock. Knot the sock tight to the ball. Play catch – earn 1 point if you catch the ball end, 2 points if you catch the tail.
6. Tic Tac Toe – Draw a big tic tac toe board in the sand using a stick. Then get inventive – don’t use boring X’s and O’s! Use shells vs. sticks OR shovels vs. flip flops to place on the board.
7. Build a Sandman – Beat the heat by thinking winter! Build a “snowman” using sand (rolling balls won’t work, but lumping wet sand into a pile will), sticks for arms, shells for buttons, etc.
8. Rock Necklaces – Wrap thin to mid-weight wire all around a beautiful stone to make a pendant. Thread onto string or yarn to make a necklace.