Create the Perfect Smoothie
A lot of people hear the word smoothie and cringe, but smoothies are a yummy and convenient way to boost your intake of fruits, vegetables and several other fiber-rich foods.
- Pick your greens – kale, spinach, watercress or collards, and herbs like mint, parsley or basil.
- Pick your fruit – Half a banana is a must. I also use frozen fruit like cherries, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, mango or mixed fruit.
- Pick your healthy fats (optional) – I love avocado, chia seeds, coconut oil, nut oils and nut butters.
- Pick your superfoods – turmeric, cinnamon, fresh ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, cacao powder (I love adding my doTERRA oils to my smoothies).
- Pick your protein powder – I alternate between chocolate and vanilla.
- Pick your liquid – add water, almond milk, coconut milk, coconut water or other non-dairy milks (look for plain with no added sweetener).
- Blend: Use a high-powered blender to make the best tasting, smoothest smoothies.
My Go-To Green Smoothie:
– 1 cup spinach
– ½ banana
– ½ avocado
– ½ cup frozen mango
– ½ cup frozen pineapple
– 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– 1 cup almond milk
Blend all ingredients in a blender until creamy. If the mixture is too thick, add more almond milk as needed. Enjoy!
Lifestyle Coach and Biz Mentor, empowering women through fitness, essential oils and healthy living.