Pumpkin Pancakes Sandwiches with Chocolate Filling
Pumpkin Pancakes Sandwiches with Chocolate Filling (Makes 18 Pancakes)
- 1 cup White Flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil, plus extra for greasing the pan
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Chocolate Filling:
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
1. Sift the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the pancake ingredients.
3. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet until combined; it’s ok if there are some lumps.
4. Heat a large sauté pan or griddle over medium heat and grease with oil.
5. Drop about 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture onto the griddle and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
6. Set aside and allow to cool.
7. To make the filling: In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the filling until smooth.
8. Place 1 tbsp of the filling between two pancakes to make a sammie.
9. Continue to make the rest of the sammies.
* Tip: For perfectly round pancakes, use an ice cream scooper to put the pancake batter onto the griddle.