Revitalize You! – Skin Care DIY
This time is very stressful for families due to COVID-19. We are dealing with self- isolation and social distancing in order to protect ourselves and our loved ones from this threatful Coronavirus. Many people have been temporarily laid off because their workplace is not under the category of “Essential Business”, therefore causing financial difficulty for some families.
As mothers, it’s important to look after ourselves everyway so we can be strong to take care of our kids and our daily responsibilities. Good skin care can be helpful for vibrant skin and can bring out natural beauty.
Here are some pure skin care DIY recipes for Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer & Mask without harsh chemicals, while still helping to maintain healthy skin.
Classic Rosewater and Glycerin Freshening Cleanser (for all skin types)
- 1 cup of rose hydrosol
- 2 teaspoons vegetable glycerin
- Combine the hydrosol and glycerin in a plastic bottle. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds to blend well. Make sure to label and date. No refrigeration is required. Please use within six to 12 months for maximum freshness and potency.
- Use 1-2 teaspoons each time. Apply cleanser with a washcloth or cleansing pad. Follow with moisturizer.
Elder Flower Toner (for all skin types)
- 1 cup distilled or purified water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable glycerin
- 1 tablespoon dried elder flowers or 2 tablespoons fresh flowers
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil, then remove from heat, add elder flowers, cover and steep for 30-45 min.
- Strain through a fine strainer with a cheesecloth or coffee filter to remove all the particulate matter. Pour into a storage container, then add vegetable glycerin and essential oil, shake well to blend. Label and date.
- Refrigerate for up to 10 days, then discard.
- Shake well before applying to face, neck, chest with cotton or pad. It can be used for soothing skin. Avoid contact with eyes.
We will continue with moisturizer and mask next month.
Remember- Relax, Regenerate, Revitalize. . .