Revitalize You! Ways to Relax and Regenerate
Winter Skin Care Tips
Winter in Canada can last as long as six months. We deal not only with cold temperatures, but also bitter winds. In the cold winter months, the skin’s top layer will naturally become thicker to protect itself from the loss of moisture. But don’t worry, there are few tips from my daily routine that will make your skin glow, even in the wintertime!
STEPS FOR THE AM
1) Cleanser – Choose one that’s suitable for your skin type.
2) Exfoliate – Do this once per week. Use a fine scrub or enzyme peel for oily, normal and combination skin; use an ultra gentle enzyme peel for sensitive, rosacea prone skin.
3) Toner – This balances skin’s PH level; use an astringent for oily skin.
4) 10% AHA/BHA Serum – For use with oily, normal and combination skin to help dissolve dead skin cells and hydrate the epidermis layer. Do not apply to sensitive and rosacea prone skin (if so, skip this step).
5) Moisturizer- Be sure to use an oil-free moisturizer for oily skin.
6) Sunscreen SPF 30-45 – This should contain at least 6% zinc oxide for UVA/UVB protection. Choose a sunscreen under 50 to lessen exposure to chemicals that are harsh to your skin.
STEPS FOR THE PM
- Remove makeup properly with biotanical cleansing oil or micellar water, followed by a suitable skin cleanser to remove any residue.
- Facial mask – Use this daily or weekly, depending on the instructions on the product.
- Toner – This will balance skin PH levels; use an astringent for oily skin.
- Retinol – Aids in the skin cell turn over process
- Moisturizer – Optional for oily skin.
Make sure you drink plenty of water to keep hydrating your skin from the inside. A healthy and balanced diet can help your body detox naturally. Put your worries aside and get enough rest. Stress will limit sleep and inhibit blood flow, which are critical for your skin to regenerate.
Remember…Relax, Regenerate, Revitalize
Revita Medical Esthetics & Spa